Thursday, June 19, 2008

Marc Shaiman is a genius.



The other day I was driving back from work and I popped in my iPod and enabled the shuffle option. My iPod is stacked with thousands of songs including my son's playlists.

A tune started playing and could not recognize it immediately as it was part of Sky's playlist; I was stunned with the quality of the arrangements, sounds and vibe; checked the song name and it was a track from the movie " Hairspray" , which I saw with him on DVD a while ago.

I listened to all the tracks ( Dubai traffic at 6 is a mayhem ) and I was even more impressed. The sound was amazing, gtr riffs grooving , but most of all the quality of the vocal arrangements ( lead and backing ) is unbelievable.

Went home and googled the cd and I got to know that the guy behind the console was the same person that originally scored the brodway musical in 2002 : Marc Shaiman.

This guy is a true legend and you can get to know more about him here.

I highly suggest anybody interested in R'B to buy the cd , pump it up , and experience the true essence of the 60's.

Musically it can't getter better than this.

0 comments:


Creative Commons License
Apple Keynote Tips by Giorgio Ungania is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at giorgioungania.blogspot.com.